Why bother about your water footprint?
Freshwater is a scarce resource; its annual availability is limited and demand is growing. The water footprint of humanity has exceeded sustainable levels at several places and is unequally distributed among people. There are many spots in the world where serious water depletion or pollution takes place: rivers running dry, dropping lake and groundwater levels and endangered species because of contaminated water. The water footprint refers to the volumes of water consumption and pollution that are ‘behind’ your daily consumption.
Water Softening Process:
As hard water enter the water softener, it passes through resin beads located inside the mineral tank. The hard minerals are attracted to the resin and are removed from the water.. The final result s mineral-free water that is considered “soft”.
Checklist when you buy:
- Does the dealer have an established place of business in your area?
- Does he represent a known brand.
- Will a representative call at your hoe to determine the right kind, capacity and installation of equipment?
- Is installation included in the price?
- Does installation include by passing of lawn and garden sprinkling faucets, a faucet for unsoftened water, and other features you may desire?